41st Biennial Convention in Retrospect
More than 400 parliamentarians gathered in Lombard, Illinois, September 8-11, to hone their parliamentary skills, network with colleagues, and generally reenergize.
Education, business, and networking were the top priorities for all in attendance. Participants gave high marks to the 30-plus educational sessions on such topics as:
- Creating an electronic dais on a budget
- Motions that can interrupt pending business
- Solutions for real-world problems parliamentarians often face
- Effective meeting management
- Using committees effectively
- Voting methodologies
- Power and persuasion in debate
- Building winning parliamentary teams
Attendees stretched their parliamentary procedure muscles at the daily business meetings, during which they elected a new board of directors for the next biennium and debated numerous proposed bylaws amendments.
Photos of the all the convention festivities are available online at www.parliamentarians.smugmug.com. Join us for our next convention September 5-8, 2019, at the Westgate in Las Vegas.