41st Biennial Convention in Retrospect
More than 400 parliamentarians gathered in Lombard, Illinois, September 8-11, to hone their parliamentary skills, network with colleagues, and generally reenergize.
Education, business, and networking were the top priorities for all in attendance. Participants gave high marks to the 30-plus educational sessions on such topics as:
- Creating an electronic dais on a budget
- Motions that can interrupt pending business
- Solutions for real-world problems parliamentarians often face
- Effective meeting management
- Using committees effectively
- Voting methodologies
- Power and persuasion in debate
- Building winning parliamentary teams
Attendees stretched their parliamentary procedure muscles at the daily business meetings, during which they elected a new board of directors for the next biennium and debated numerous proposed bylaws amendments.
Photos of the all the convention festivities are available online at www.parliamentarians.smugmug.com.
- Meet the 2017-2019 NAP Board of Directors
- Business Meeting Recap
- New District Directors Installed
Join us for our next convention September 5-8, 2019, at the Westgate in Las Vegas, Nevada.