NAP has once again proclaimed April as Parliamentary Law Month. This is a wonderful time to build awareness of the need for parliamentary procedure and the services of a parliamentarian. It’s also a great time to highlight NAP as a resource, as well as your local unit’s meetings and expertise.
Does your association or unit have events planned to celebrate and promote parliamentary procedure? If you need some ideas, here are some that members have come up with over the years:
- Plan a free educational workshop in your community.
- Create a display for your library that showcases its inventory of parliamentary resources. If they don’t have the 11th edition of RONR, your unit can donate one to it!
- Give a presentation at a local service club.
- Send a press release to your local paper that explains what parliamentary procedure is and how it can benefit organizations of all types. Remember to include information about your unit at the end of the story.
- Plan a recruitment meet-and-greet at an upcoming meeting and invite leaders from local organizations, youth clubs, churches, school boards, and elected officials.
- Contact your local government and ask them to pass a resolution acknowledging Parliamentary Law Month.
- Have each member of your unit follow the NAP Twitter page.