Comments : 0
April was Parliamentary Law Month and several members and units celebrated in their local communities.
- The Baton Rouge Unit of Parliamentarians (BRUP) received a Parliamentary Law Month Proclamation from the Louisiana Governor and the Mayor of the East Baton Rouge Parish City Council. The unit also led the Pledge of Allegiance at the city council meeting.
- The Bradenton Unit invited the public to attend their meeting to see how RONR can be used. Guests shared some problems and questions they encounter within their organizations. Each guest also received a free gift of the Basic Parliamentary Information Sheet.
- The California Zeta Chit unit received a resolution for the Ventura County Board of Supervisors.
- The Kalamazoo Parliamentarian Law Unit (KPLU) created a display featuring copies of current and vintage RONRs, and other parliamentary procedure references in their local library. KLPU hopes that the display will inspire library visitors to learn more about parliamentary procedure.
- Patricia Titus dedicated her local Toastmaster’s meeting to parliamentary procedure. She served as the Toastmaster for the meeting and shared parliamentary procedure facts throughout the meeting, while also giving a speech on common parliamentary mistakes. Members and guests also gave impromptu speeches about making motions in meetings.
If you or your unit did something to celebrate, let us know.