as amended by Commission on Credentialing September 16, 2019
- That the Commission continue its work on the implementation of the current credentialing system unabated and uninterrupted.
- That the Commission on Credentialing hereby reinstates the former (1200 question-based) Registered Parliamentarian examination system effective on November 1, 2019.
- That the Commission will continue to administer the new credentialing system to RP candidates recognizing that the new credentialing system is still in the testing process, while allowing the existing Beta Testers to continue. RP candidates applying on or after August 1, 2019 to the new system will test it but, unlike the Beta Testers, will be required to pay the $150 application fee established by the Board of Directors for the new system.
- RP candidates who have already applied to the new system as of November 1, 2019, will be given the choice of continuing with the new system as testers or instead switching to the 1200 question-based examination system under the rules, including the fee requirements, applicable to it. As authorized by the Board of Directors, those who switch may have the application fee they already paid applied to the fees applicable toward the 1200 question-based examination system.
- The choice of whether to seek the RP credential under the 1200 question-based examination system or as a tester under the new system shall be at the discretion of future applicants, who shall make the choice of systems at the time the application for the credential is made.
- That the Commission on Credentialing will discontinue the 1200 question-based Registered Parliamentarian examination system at such time as the Commission deems it appropriate, allowing candidates to complete the testing process under the system they are using at that time, providing a minimum of 90 days’ notice. Candidates seeking the RP credential under the 1200 question-based RP Examination system who have successfully completed two or more parts of that examination other than the “research” part by the end of that notice period will be permitted to continue under it in accordance with the rules applicable to the 1200 question-based RP examination system.