NAP Mission Statement: NAP is a society dedicated to educating leaders throughout the world in effective meeting management through the use of parliamentary procedure.
NAP Vision Statement: To provide parliamentary leadership to the world.
NAP’s mission and vision statements are supported by the association’s principles:
- Reflect a commitment to fundamental parliamentary principles
- Promote diversity, democratic decision-making and civic involvement
- Maintain and enhance professional parliamentary credentialing standards
- Provide convenient educational opportunities
- Evaluate programs and services on an ongoing basis
- Promote knowledge and awareness of parliamentary procedure
- Maintain a fiscally and operationally sound organizational structure
- Encourage partnerships and inclusiveness.
The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PARLIAMENTARIANS® is committed to ensure that all of its policies, practices, procedures, and implementation of same, are and will be consistent with all legal requirements including, but not limited to, United States Federal law such as the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, individual state laws, local laws, and Canadian law, as applicable. To that end, the NAP Board of Directors intends:
A. to state this policy whenever appropriate including, but not limited to, NAP bylaws, standing rules, special rules of order, operational policies and procedures, personnel manual, employment applications, and applications for membership; and
B. to conduct a continuing audit of NAP’s policies, practices, procedures, and implementation of same, as much as reasonably feasible, to ensure NAP’s continuing full compliance with the law.