Recent developments regarding the spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) has many organizational leaders re-evaluating their meeting plans. Several of our units and associations have asked for NAP’s guidance.
Above all, your health and safety should be first priority when deciding whether or not to attend an in-person meeting. Your unit or association should err on the side of caution and practice social distancing as advised by national health authorities. It may become necessary to cancel or postpone an in-person meeting. Or, you may opt to conduct meetings electronically.
NAP’s Board and staff will continue to follow the guidance released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other directives shared by the government agencies. Updates will be provided if any changes occur. Please continue to contact NAP headquarters with your concerns.
5th Tuesday Town Hall: Coronavirus and Electronic Meetings
Members looking for further guidance on holding meetings by teleconference or other electronic means can access a recording of the 5th Tuesday Town Hall from March 29, 2020. The Town Hall, “Coronavirus and Electronic Meetings,” featured Weldon Merritt, PRP (Professional Standards Committee Chair); Thomas (Burke) Balch, PRP (Commission on Credentialing and a member of the RONR authorship team); and Tim Wynn, PRP (NAP National Parliamentarian).
To listen to the recording of the meeting and view the presentations, follow these easy steps:
- Go to www.parliamentarians.org and click on the green button “Member Login” in the right-hand column.
- Enter your primary email address, which is the preferred email on your NAP membership.
- Enter your password and confirm you’re not a robot (a security feature to protect your data). If you don’t remember your password or this is your first time logging in, click on the “Forgot your password?” link and follow the instructions to set a new one.
- Click on “5th Tuesday Town Hall Archive” in the menu on the left.
- Click the link to the recording.
If you are not a member of NAP, please click here for guidance regarding electronic meetings.