How to Study and Prepare for Step One
- You will be asked to complete eight multiple-choice quizzes in numerical order. Each quiz will be automatically scored by the Schoology software after it is completed.
- The quizzes will cover the Performance Expectations listed in the What Will Be Tested document for that quiz accessed through the links for each Part below.
- If you wish, you may see a comprehensive list of the Performance Expectations for RPs for all Steps in the RP Performance Expectations document.
- There are also practice questions for you to try before taking the actual quiz on the Schoology system, accessed through the same links.
- There are three versions for each of the 8 Parts identified by color names: blue, green & red.
- Successful completion of each quiz requires at least 34 out of 40 questions correct for Parts 1-7.
- For Part 8, successful completion requires 20 points achieved of the 25 possible points distributed among 17 questions.
You may want to look over the Instructions you will receive in Schoology for the Parts in Step One.
The Topics for the Step One Quizzes:
[To access information about each part, click on its name, for example: “Part One”]
Part One: Motions in General and Main Motions
Part Two: Subsidiary and Privileged Motions
Part Three: Incidental Motions and Motions that Bring a Question Again Before the Assembly
Part Four: Conduct in Meetings
Part Five: Voting, Nominations and Elections
Part Six: Being a Professional Parliamentarian, Serve as a Professional Parliamentarian in Meetings and Teaching parliamentary procedure
Part Seven: Boards and Committees and Writing and Interpreting Bylaws
Part Eight: Selection from all topics where “Consult references” is indicated by the letter (C) in the RP Performance Expectations document.
If you wish, you may see a comprehensive list of the Performance Expectations for RPs for all Steps in the RP Performance Expectations document.