April is Parliamentary Law Month. NAP is inviting all NAP student members, youth groups and partnership organization members, and non-NAP parliamentary youth groups whose members are 14-18 years of age to create and post a video answering the question, “Who Needs Parliamentary Procedure Anyway?” You do not need any fancy equipment to participate.
The NAP panel will evaluate videos based on the following factors:
- Does the footage run within the two-minute time limit?
- Does the video connect population and topic?
- How well does the video draw in the viewer and keep their attention?
- Is the video original and innovative?
- What is the overall quality of production (sound and visual)
1. Dates of Promotion
The NAP NEXT CHAPTER VIDEO CHALLENGE starts at noon Central Time (CT) on March 26, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (CT) on April 23, 2021. Winner announcements will be on April 30, 2021.
The NAP NEXT CHAPTER VIDEO CHALLENGE is open to NAP student members, NAP youth groups and Partnership Organization members, and non-NAP parliamentary youth groups whose members are 14-18 years of age.
3. How to Submit Video
There are four (4) ways to submit:
- Facebook Method of Entry–Post a video on your personal, organization, or NAP page and include the hashtag #parlipro. You must have a Facebook account to submit via Facebook. If you do not have a Facebook account, visit Facebook.com. Account settings must be set to public.
- Twitter Method of Entry–Tweet a video and include the hashtag #parlipro. You must have a Twitter account to enter via Twitter. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.Twitter.com. Twitter accounts must be set to public.
- YouTube Method of Entry– Upload a video with a caption and include the hashtag #parlipro. You must have a YouTube account to enter via YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account, visit YouTube.com.
- Direct Submission Method of Entry–Submit a video to NAP by emailing the file or a link to . Include the words “video challenge” in the subject line and your name, the name of your organization or youth group, and email address in the email.
Limit one (1) Entry per group.
By participating in this Challenge, you declare you have read the rules and fully agree to all of the terms and conditions.
By submitting your video in one of the four ways above, you agree that your Entry conforms to the Contest Guidelines and Content Restrictions listed below.
- If a minor child is in the video, you, as the entrant, must be the parent or legal guardian of the minor child depicted in the video or must have the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the minor child shown in the video. You must submit a signed NAP Media Release Form.
- Videos must be two minutes in length.
- Videos submitted to the website must be in a format accepted by YouTube.
- Videos must be the entrant’s original creation and owned one hundred percent (100%) by the entrant.
- If the video contains stock imagery, the entrant may be required to provide proof of purchase or license.
Videos must not contain material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
Videos must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, or obscene.
Videos must not contain unlawful material, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the video is created.
By submitting/posting a video entry, entrants (and winners) grant NAP a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entries in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the Entry in all media, in any way NAP sees fit including, but not limited to, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and marketing purposes.
The individual or group submitting the winning video will win $100. The top video will be displayed on the NAP Website (Youth Resources Area) and Facebook page.
Winners will be notified via email.